Your motivations and qualifications
- You have successfully completed your upper secondary education and are able to meet the minimum grade requirements
- Ambitions for a career in shipping
- Proficient English skills
The programme is taught in English and is designed in close collaboration with the Danish shipping industry.
You will gain concrete knowledge of how shipping companies develop their business and development in a global context. Other topics include business economics, maritime economics, finance, management and marketing.
You will spend third semester doing an internship at a shipping company followed by a semester at one of the exchange universities. Currently CBS has exchange agreements with Singapore Management University and Texas A&M.
Career opportunities are good with a BA in International Shipping and Trade working with trade, risk management, contract negotiations or customer relations in the maritime industry.
Maritime financing or working for organisations or authorities are other possibilities.
Finally you may wish to pursue a graduate degree e.g. within financing, logistics or international business strategy.
3 good reasons to chose this path:
- Take an educations that specifically prepares you for the maritime world
- Great opportunities for international postings
- A unique programme for ambitious candidates
Meet the awesome women in the maritime industry and find out why they decided on a maritime career.
Among others, read about Emma, who has chosen to study marine engineering, and Ingrid Marie, who is an engineer and Ph.d. student at Denmark’s Technical University.