Your motivations and qualifications
- You hold a 10th grade exam
- Curious about sailing and learning about the maritime world
- Looking for training that also takes you out of the classroom
HF Maritime is offered in Frederikshavn, Skagen and Marstal. In Frederikshavn you will be sailing with the training ship Danmark.
Most students live nearby in college dorms, which is often the start of many friendships.
Your subjects include Danish, English, mathematics, history etc. Additionally you will complete maritime courses like sailing, navigation, marine engineering, fire fighting, machine learning etc.
The programme is a good foundation if you are already planning a career in the maritime industry as it will prepare you for your continued training e.g., as marine engineer or the ship’s officer programme.
You can also take on a job right after your graduation and sail around the world e.g., as an ordinary ship’s assistant. The standard HF exam means that you always have something to fall back on, thus enabling you to apply for other types of study programmes.
3 good reasons for choosing this career path:
- You get vocational training in addition to your HF exam
- Your high school years are partially spent at sea
- You get the option to travel the world once you graduate
Meet the awesome women in the maritime industry and find out why they decided on a maritime career.
Among others, read about Emma, who has chosen to study marine engineering, and Ingrid Marie, who is an engineer and Ph.d. student at Denmark’s Technical University.