Your motivations and qualifications
- You already have an AP degree in Management Technology, Installations, Production Technology or equivalent
- Interest in working with machinery and electronics
- Like to solve problems in a team effort
Ambitions to working offshore
The technical manager offshore programme takes 2 years and is a top-up bachelor programme available at Business Academy Sydvest in Esbjerg.
During training, you will have classes in electronics, engine technology, management, economics, environmental technology, and safety, etc. You also do an internship in Denmark or abroad.
An education in technical management enables you to work on oilrigs but also in the onshore industry e.g. in the energy sector or wind energy industry.
You can also educate yourself further by studying engineering.
3 good reasons for choosing this career path:
- Your skills are in high demand
- You will work in a very unique environment
- You will find challenging work tasks every single day
Meet the awesome women in the maritime industry and find out why they decided on a maritime career.
Among others, read about Emma, who has chosen to study marine engineering, and Ingrid Marie, who is an engineer and Ph.d. student at Denmark’s Technical University.