Your motivations and qualifications
- You have a 9/10th grade exam or equivalent + 02 in Danish and math
- Able to work under pressure as the slightest interruption in the systems could have major implications on the entire production
- Good interpersonal skills
- Interest in engineering and electronics
Good at math, IT and English
The automation technician's job is to install and run such systems. Additionally, as an automation technician you are responsible for the maintenance, repair, improvement and optimization of existing plants.
A benefit of the automation technician training is that you get to work with several different vocational areas.
The programme takes 4.5 years to complete.
This includes a 6 months preliminary course, where you will gain a broad introduction to the various vocational training programmes.
During the training, you will have a lot of interesting subjects like installation, troubleshooting and debugging of automated machines and plants. In addition, you will learn to maintain, repair and improve existing technical facilities.
You will also acquire a basic knowledge of automated systems and learn about engineering, electronics and power management systems. You will also receive training in robotics.
Automation technicians hold jobs in companies where mechanical and technical systems control the production.
This could be with major electronics companies in the maritime industry, or you can work on board ships. You also have the opportunity to become an independent contractor.
3 good reasons for choosing this career path:
- You will be working with robots
- A job where you get to work with several disciplines like welding, industrial engineering and electrics
- You will be part of an industry that is constantly evolving
Meet the awesome women in the maritime industry and find out why they decided on a maritime career.
Among others, read about Emma, who has chosen to study marine engineering, and Ingrid Marie, who is an engineer and Ph.d. student at Denmark’s Technical University.