MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY OFFSHORE
A machine technician at sea.
Primary job tasks
Graduates are trained to work far from land on drilling rigs or production platforms. Here, you are faced with challenging tasks and a very different life in the middle of the ocean, where you are in charge of the daily operation of the engineering systems.
Your motivations and qualifications
- You are looking for practical and technically minded training
- A talent for technology and electronics
- Curious about working in a different workplace
- Meet the educational requirements
Training takes two years and the programme is offered at Business Academy Sydvest in Esbjerg. The programme includes courses in Electrical machinery, hydraulics, engines, turbines, boilers, steam turbines, offshore, technology, technical mathematics, physics and chemistry.
The programme involves a 10-week internship.
With a degree in management technology, you are trained for offshore jobs in Denmark and abroad. You can also work in industrial companies with engineering plants on shore. If you have leadership ambitions you can manage technical facilities or continue your training e.g. to technical manager offshore.
3 good reasons for choosing this career path:
- You will do challenging technical tasks every day.
- Good opportunities for an international career.
- A different work life in the middle of the ocean.
Title AP Degree Management Technology
Type Academy Profession Degree
Duration 2 years
Entry requirements Upper secondary education or vocational education e.g. blacksmith, auto mechanic etc.